Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in Killeen? Normally, you should consider three primary areas of the home for video surveillance: your main entry, the exterior space around your home, and strategic interior positions. Although your installation team can recommend where you should install, here are some helpful tips on where to place your home security cameras throughout your property.
Always Safeguard Your Main Entrance
While it might seem absurd that an intruder would make an effort to just stroll through the front door, 34% of invasions occur at the front door. You also have delivery bandits among other risks to consider. A video doorbell is able to tackle all of these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you can speak with any visitors who walk up and ring the bell. By using your security app, like ADT Control, you have the option to answer each instance with two-direction audio and live video and appear to be at home. When someone does try to do something nefarious, you will have your video doorbell instantly capture footage and transmit it to your smartphone via a text notification.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Surveillance System
Figuring out where to place home security cameras around your property can be a daunting task. Luckily, there are some useful recommendations to help ensure your home is defended properly.
- The corners of your Killeen residence provide a large sightline, as you can see two parts of your property.
- Right under an overhanging eave or into a length of cladding or edging are excellent options for cameras as they will be partly hidden by blending into your gutterline.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is a more likely access point for invaders than you’d think!
- Overlooking a deck or sliding door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the street.
For each installation, make sure you trim away any overgrown plants or trees that may block the camera’s view.
Tips For Getting The Best Results From Your In-Home Video Equipment
You have quite a bit more flexibility on where to place home security cameras inside your property in Killeen. But the additional versatility results in there being other installation variables to contemplate:
- Beware of Sun Glare: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light from a window can cast a glare on your surveillance footage. Point the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to circumvent this issue.
- Utilize Height: Just like a watchtower, a security camera located in a high place will produce a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras on top of bookshelves or mounted on the upper reaches of a wall.
- Keep Out of Reach: Your surveillance system won’t have the chance to protect you if anything happens to it. Install your security cameras in locations where children or pets have no ability to interact with them. You could try mounting or a different method of securing them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Use Plants and Decor to Your Advantage: The best surveillance system won’t do much good if you’ve got a plant obstructing the field of vision. However, decor or foliage also have the ability to conceal your security equipment. Just ensure they don’t keep the camera from doing its job!
Secure24 Alarm Systems Knows Where To Place Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and additional security components, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. Let us customize the right package for your entire property -- defending every square foot. Simply contact (254) 236-2429 or fill out the form on this page to get started.