Security cameras can easily be placed as a warning—a display that notifies burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can utilize your home security cameras to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras are outfitted with a number of additions all tailor-made to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording options or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these additions empower you to get the most from home security cameras in Killeen.
How To Set Up Your Killeen Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is placing them in the best places within your home. Interior security cameras work best when placed in frequented areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a great notion to set a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your house. Outdoor security cameras ideally offer you a clear scene of your front door, front walk, and patio, garage, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. And you can easily access a view of your main entryway via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are areas around your house that aren’t quite as vital to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have expensive items in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room can impact your privacy. Consider adding window or motion detectors if you need some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Optimize Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in utilizing the utmost from home security cameras in Killeen. The additions shown below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic alerts on your smart device the instant abnormal motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to begin filming when activity is detected which serves to increase camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your home security cameras to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback anytime.
- 2-way audio: The majority of current security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with guests with the device. With ADT Control, you can act like you’re home or welcome your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Wide angle lens: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at an area. Look for cameras that allow for at least 120° wide angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for complete visibility.
- Night vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your exterior camera to inform you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard traffic passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the detect unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your video surveillance in Killeen is simpler. From rapid motion detection to two-way talk, your home security can go from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (254) 236-2429 or submit the form below to begin customizing your security system today.