How Does Geofencing In Killeen Enhance A Security System?
The latest home security solutions are getting more capable every year. Even so, it doesn't take much to neglect to do simple security tasks like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Killeen, you can just leave the house and make your security system secure your home for you.
What is Geofencing In Killeen For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual border around your property, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your phone to determine when you cross the perimeter and then puts in motion your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart devices use to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all components onto one, unified network. You can then draw a unique boundary on all sides of your house and program what actions you want to take place when you go past the boundary.
For instance, shortly after you exit your property, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, shut the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you come back home, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
Here are a handful of the technologies you can command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance and alarms
● Home electronics such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can use your property’s security system in Killeen. With the mobile app, you have the ability to do a lot with home automation. With just a few taps of your phone, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: set your smart devices to engage at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to turn down to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or deactivate your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices activate based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to activate the connected fan if the CO detector goes off. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your surveillance system senses abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Create room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for TV night with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Take advantage of geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm system when you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing technology and your mobile device, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Killeen
Whether you’re looking for additional certainty of a fully secured property whenever you leave or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (254) 236-2429 or send in the form on this page to get started on your ideal security system.